Hares make the world go round. Or at least they make the half-minds run around drunk. Without hares we’d just sit in a parking lot and drink, and we can’t pretend that’s exercise! Volunteer during a hash, or contact Cock or Two to sign up for a trail. Keep these things in mind as you plain your (shitty) trail:
- Doing it alone isn’t as fun, so grab one or two others (seriously, you don’t want more than four hares)!
- Don’t pop your cherry with all virgin hares. You’ll put things in the wrong places and it won’t be as fun. So, one of the hares should be ‘experienced’.
- At least one of the hares should be a sweeper; this person follows the DFLs around so they don’t get lost. BONUS: You get to look at a bunch of hasher butts during trail.
- Keep the trail to 3 – 6 miles! Remember: drinking club with a running problem. Let’s not overcomplicate our problems.
Here’s a timeline for what you should be doing in advance of setting your trail:
- Email the detrails for your trail to the lustserv, including location, time, co-hares, on-after location (if known), hash cash (if different than the usual), and any other special considerations (headlamps, change of clothes, bug spray, costumes/theme)
- Cock-or-2 (or whoever is internet FRB) will post this information to the website and MeetUp
- Contact the beermeister, Snidely Whipass, to arrange for cooler pickup. It’s important to contact him in advance so that arrangements can be made in time. Remember: Snidely will make the coolers available, but YOU need to arrange to pick them up and set them on trail.
- Buy snacks, flour, and ice for the coolers (necessary if it’s going to be warmer than a refrigerator outside AKA warmer than ~40° F)
- Hide your coolers well! If you don’t have enough shiggy to hide them in, leave them in a hare’s car.
- If you need to make any last minute changes, make sure to email the listserv and comment on the MeetUp page.
- Seriously, did you remember to make arrangements with Snidely? This is your last chance!
- Pick up the coolers from your BNs–if you are unable to do so for any reason, ask for help! If you manage to lose a cooler then you will be responsible for buying a new one (they cost around $20).
- Give the coolers back to Snidely within two days–or better yet, do it immediately after the hash.